We’re located in the mountains on the west side of Lake Koocanusa, BC at the end of Newgate Road / Munro Road. The property is covered with a variety of fir trees with some sites on the water’s edge and others just a short walk to the beach — it’s like being “in the middle of nowhere” at your private escape.
- From Hwy 3 from Alberta, proceed through Fernie, continue west through Elko, past the Hwy #3/#93 junction.
- About 2-3 km after the junction take the left turn onto Kikomun Creek Road
- Follow Kikomun Creek Road all the way past Kikomun Creek Provincial Campground, the Bailley Bridge (over Lake Koocanusa) and past Koocanusa Campground & Marina (on the West end of the bridge)
- Take the first left after Koocanusa Campsite & Marina onto Newgate Road
- Follow Newgate Road (about 38 km) south to the Y intersection where Newgate road ends, Munro Road goes left to Newgate/Sandy Shores, and Green Road goes right to Madera Ranch
- Go left onto Munro Road … Newgate Sandy Shores Campground is 2 km at the end of Munro Road
- You’ll see the Newgate Sandy Shores sign at the entrance
- Come through the gate and proceed to the Land Office to register/check in
We have a variety of services available in multiple packages for our Members.